Since its launch in 2012, Dolby Atmos has created a new dimension in the digital surround sound system. From theaters to home cinema, Dolby has given us better and even better sound as the years passed by. It also has implemented the technology on Android platform but only on select devices manufactured by Lenovo. Hence, today we are going to discuss how to install Dolby Atmos on Android.
Yes, Dolby Atmos technology can be installed on any Android device. However, as it is not officially implemented on all the Android devices, it just needs a small tweak that you will learn by the end of this article.
Dolby Atmos can be installed on both rooted as well as unrooted Android devices. Before we dive into the steps or methods of installing it, let us first know what this Dolby Atmos technology is.
Have a look at how you can Use Link2SD App For Android device for free.
What is Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos is undoubtedly the next-gen surround sound technology. The Dolby Atmos was first announced in the month of April and was later released in the month of June that year. Gradually it was also introduced in cinemas and the first Hollywood title to use it was Disney’s and Pixar’s animated film Brave.
Other notable movies that also used the technology are Mad Max: Fury Road, La La Land, The Revenant, and Gravity. Currently, there are over 2100 theaters with Dolby Atmos surround sound installed. These surround sound cinemas are installed with up to sixty-four speakers in different places to create a 3D surround sound effect.
Sounds great, isn’t it! So, let’s not waste more time and see how to get cinema-like surround sound experience on your Android device.
How to install Dolby Atmos on Android:
At present, there are only a few Android devices that come with the Dolby Atmos technology out of the box. However, as mentioned earlier, Dolby Atmos can be installed on both normal (unrooted) and rooted devices; today we will see how to install it on both types of Android devices.
Check out the best app to Change Fonts On Android
Install Dolby Atmos on unrooted Android:
You will need the following things for this:
- And Android device (no root required)
- Internet connection
- Google Play Music app
- Dolby Atmos APK file
This procedure is, by far, the safest and is likely to be used by many as not everyone is a superuser with a rooted Android device.
- Step 1: Download and install Dolby Atmos APK to your Android device. You can click here to do the same.
- Step 2: Once the APK is installed, reboot the device. Just power it off, wait for some time, turn it back on, and wait until the device is up and running. Do not rush.
- Step 3: Install the Google Play Music app from the Play Store. Ignore if your device already has it.
- Step 4: Disable the default equalizer on your device. This can be done only on select Android devices. Also, the Android 7.0 and above doesn’t have an option to disable the default equalizer. In this case, you can:
- Go to Settings
- Select Sound and vibration
- Scroll all the way down and select Sound quality and effects
- Set the equalizer to Normal if you don’t have the option to turn off or disable the equalizer.
- Step 5: Tap-open Google Play Music and open up the menu tray by tapping on the three horizontal lines on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Step 6: Select Settings, now scroll down and select Here you can enable the Dolby Atmos as your default equalizer.
Now, you can go back to the music player, play any song to see the difference in the sound delivered. You can use a pair of headphones to get the best result out of Dolby Atmos on your Android device.
Install Dolby Atmos on rooted Android:
You will require the following things for the process:
- Rooted Android device with at least Android JellyBean 4.3 or above
- An unlocked Bootloader
- An installed custom recovery (preferably TWRP)
- Dolby Atmos Zip file
- You must possess a complete understanding of root, custom recovery, and bootloader; if not, try to be with a person who knows about these things.
This procedure is not recommended if you do not have adequate knowledge about rooting, as it might brick your device. Alternatively, you can do some research on YouTube tutorials, reading articles and forums etc. Also, it will be a wise idea to back up your data, just in case.
- Step 1: Download the Dolby Atmos Zip file. You can click here to do.
- Step 2: Power the device off, leave it for few seconds and press the power and the volume up/down buttons together to power the device up to the recovery mode.
- Step 3: Go to Install, locate and select the Dolby Atmos Zip file; now just swipe to install it when prompted.
- Step 4: Wait for few seconds until it is successfully installed. Also, wipe cache and Dalvik cache before you reboot the device. Once rebooted, your device will be packed with Dolby Atmos. Enjoy!
So, this is all about how you can install Dolby Atmos on Android and experience the 3D surround sound effect on your device. The application is very simple and is very much effective when it comes to listening music. So what you are waiting for simply install the app on your device and then listen your favorite music in surround sound effect. This is all, if you are having any more issues regarding this, then you can comment down below.