Let us look into some easy ways to change the EMEI number of your phone. This simple software will help you change your IMEI number of any Android device. You can make use of the device to change the IMEI number of Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Micromax or other android devices as well. The IMEI changing process is accessible both for root and uproot devices.
Important note– Changing of IMEI number is an offensive act. It is considered to be illegal in many countries. This tutorial is only for educational purposes. You shall change your IMEI number at own your risk. We offer you sincere recommendation for not changing your IMEI number. There are people who change the IMEI number by making multiple fake accounts on a single android device for making money with these applications. The application developers want their phones to register on many devices and they track the number on the devices. But people change the IMEI number to spook the applications.
Merits and Demerits
IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity is a unique number assigned to every android device. So, changing the IMEI number is not really a good idea. It has many merits and demerits.
- It helps to take some extra benefit of the device.
- IMEI number helps to track your phone if lost or stolen. With the help of the number you can track the location of your phone.
- Changing the EMEI number, device id, Donkeyguard number, serial number or UDID will make your phone undetectable which an offensive act.
The following are few reasons to convert or change your mobile’s IMEI number-
- You can convert your Android IMEI to Blackberry IMEI to access GLO BIS plan
- Makes your device unreachable or untraceable [Not recommanded].
- Gives your mobile a unique device ID.
- You can easily reset/ Update/ Repair your mobile.
- It can fix the invalid IMEI number on other devices.
The entire process or universal method to change the EMEI number of an Android mobile or tablet is without or with root the device; without the use of IMEI change tool, Terminal Emulator or any EMI Changer Software programmatically.