Let us look into some easy ways to change the EMEI number of your phone. This simple software will help you change your IMEI number of any Android device. You can make use of the device to change the IMEI number of Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Micromax or other android devices as well. The IMEI changing process is accessible both for root and uproot devices.
Important note– Changing of IMEI number is an offensive act. It is considered to be illegal in many countries. This tutorial is only for educational purposes. You shall change your IMEI number at own your risk. We offer you sincere recommendation for not changing your IMEI number. There are people who change the IMEI number by making multiple fake accounts on a single android device for making money with these applications. The application developers want their phones to register on many devices and they track the number on the devices. But people change the IMEI number to spook the applications.
Merits and Demerits
Merits and Demerits
IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity is a unique number assigned to every android device. So, changing the IMEI number is not really a good idea. It has many merits and demerits.
- It helps to take some extra benefit of the device.
- IMEI number helps to track your phone if lost or stolen. With the help of the number you can track the location of your phone.
- Changing the EMEI number, device id, Donkeyguard number, serial number or UDID will make your phone undetectable which an offensive act.
The following are few reasons to convert or change your mobile’s IMEI number-
- You can convert your Android IMEI to Blackberry IMEI to access GLO BIS plan
- Makes your device unreachable or untraceable [Not recommanded].
- Gives your mobile a unique device ID.
- You can easily reset/ Update/ Repair your mobile.
- It can fix the invalid IMEI number on other devices.
The entire process or universal method to change the EMEI number of an Android mobile or tablet is without or with root the device; without the use of IMEI change tool, Terminal Emulator or any EMI Changer Software programmatically.
CHANGE THE IMEI NUMBER OF Android Phone (Without root)
- Go the play store on your android phone and download the Mobile Uncle App.
- Open the app
- Select Engineer Mode> Engineer Mode (MTK).
- Scroll down and punch on CDS Information.
- Select Radio Information
- There will be two option, choose “ Phone 2”
- An option like AT+ will appear
- Now, enter AT+ <15 digit new IMEI>
- Punch SEND AT COMMANDO
- Nowrestart your phone. You will get a new IMEI code for your android mobile.
CHANGE THE IMEI NUMBER OF Android Phone (With Rooted Mobile)
- Android device ( rooted)
- First, install Xposed on your device.
- Download the IMEI Changer app from Google Play Store- Download IMEI Changer
- A good internet connection is recommended.
How to change the IMEI number of Android Phone
- First dial *#06# on your android device to get the real IMEI number.
- Note down the real IMEI number on a paper for future use.
- Now go to Xposed> Module
- Make a mark on IMEI CHANGER A
- pk as Module. Now restart your phone.
- You will get the original and current IMEI number.
- Now enter the new IMEI number in the NEW IMEI NUMBER box.
- Punch on Apply option.
- Restart your mobile again to set the new IMEI code.
- You will get your new IMEI code.
Note: If your mobile is dual sim, then you will get two options – IMEI_1 [SIM1] and IMEI_2[SIM 2]. Select your choice of sim to change the IMEI number. Now change the IMEI CODE - AT +EGMR=1, 7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1, 10,”IMEI_2”. You just now replace IMEI 1 OR IMEI2 with your selected code. Then click SEND.
Donkey Guard App, HideMyRoot App, RootCloak App, IMEI Changer App ,Xposed Framework.
If you really wish to change the IMEI number of your Android phone, the above mentioned steps will certainly help you. Before changing your IMEI number, you must thoroughly know about its advantages and disadvantages. As clearly mentioned above, this tutorial is only for educational purposes.
IMEI changing is illegal.
So think before you take any step. Remember to note down the original IMEI code. In case there is any problem with setting the new one, you can revert using the original IMEI number. Learn the advantages and disadvantages well.
As IMEI number of any mobile is a unique identity for that particular device, you cannot alter the IMEI number of any phone over cellular network. You can only change this on your phone on temporary basis. This means you can get free rewards by using fake IMEI or device ID. This is kind of a cool way of faking recharge apps.
If your device is repaired, you are likely to get network related issues. This may be because of not having a valid IMEI number. IMEI number changing is of course illegal but it can help you get your phone back.
If you have a rooted Android device, the above mentioned steps will provide you with simple tricks to change the IMEI number. You need not install or download anything or connect your mobile to computer with enabled USB debugging mode. You can use this simple method to change the IMEI but this is limited only to the rooted devices.
With the increase in the use of android phones, the statistics of lost and stolen devices is increasing as well. Users are able to block the stolen phone for further use if the IMEI code is known.
All you need to do is call the network carrier and report that your phone is lost or stolen. The carrier will block the use of your phone using this IMEI number.
The 15-digit number specifies the model and the origin of the device. The first eight digit of the number is the origin of the device and the last six digits indicates the manufacturer of the device. You can subscribe to the mobile tracking service to use your IMEI number to trace your mobile even if it uses a different SIM CARD.