There are hardly any web pages nowadays that are free from ads. Hence, we end up using browser extensions like Adblock Plus for Google Chrome to block unwanted ads. Read along to find out how to add Adblock Plus on Google Chrome.
Advertisements can sometimes become annoying, especially when you are reading the important news, or maybe an interesting article, or anything on the internet for that matter. It obviously is a source of income from the website owner’s end, however, can sometimes be an inconvenience the reader’s end.
Thanks to the developers, lifesavers like Adblock Plus are developed. This ad-blocking tool can be installed as an extension for the Google Chrome browser. The best part of it is that you can even block YouTube video ads.
What is Adblock Plus?
Adblock Plus is by far the most popular and a free ad-blocking extension that one can have for Google Chrome. Using this you can block annoying ads, disable tracking, and also block domains that may distribute malware. It also supports certain websites by not blocking ads that are not inconspicuous.
Also, have a look at how you can Increase Internet Speed for your PC.
How does it work?
The extension doesn’t have any blocking specifications on its own. Once installed, you will need to add external filter lists for the extension to block harmful websites and annoying ads.
The default filter lists, however, include ad-blocking list selected based on the browser’s language, and the acceptable ads list.
Features of Adblock Plus
Below are few salient features of Adblock Plus:
- Block all types of annoying ads.
- You can also block YouTube video ads; so no more waiting until your favorite video plays.
- This extension will also help you to block Facebook ads if accessed through Google Chrome.
- Adblock Plus can disable random firms that track your online activity, browsing history, etc. whenever you browse the internet.
- It also provides malware protection by default, which will help protect your PC against viruses, worms, adware, spyware and Trojan horses.
Also check out the Best Ad Blocker Apps for your Android device.
How to add Adblock Plus to Google Chrome
If you are annoyed by unwanted ads and websites that pop up without your consent then Adblock Plus should be your solution. Following is the step-by-step guide on how to install Adblock Plus extension on your Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome on your computer and click on the three vertical dots on the top-right corner of the browser.
- Hover the cursor on More tools, you will see a new window; select Extensions from the drop-down.
- A new tab with existing/installed chrome extensions will open; scroll down and click on Get more extensions on the bottom of the page.
- The Chrome web store will open now in another tab; just type the keyword Adblock Plus in the Search the store
- Click the Add to Chrome button and you will see another pop-up that will ask for the confirmation. Click on Add extension and the extension will now be added to your Google chrome.
- Once added, you will be taken to another tab where Adblock Plus will confirm that the extension is added. Also, you will now see a small Adblock Plus icon on the left of the three-vertical-dot menu, which is towards the top-right corner of the browser.
- Clicking on that will display a small popup where you can customize your Adblock Plus; just click on the Spanner symbol and it will take you to the options where you have filters, whitelisted domains, and general settings.
So, this is all about how to add Adblock Plus on Google Chrome, its overview, features, and installation. So now you can simply install the extension in your chrome browser and get away from all those irritating ads.
The best part about this adblocker extension is that you can also customize it in your own way, like on which ad you want to see or not.
So this is all of the best Adblock extension for your chrome browser, if you are having any issues then you can comment down below.